Saturday, December 6, 2008

Laying the Foundation

"You never get a 2nd chance to make a first impression"

...if I could define this past semester in one phrase, it'd most certainly be that quote. If anything, it will probably be my motivation through out the rest of my career and life goals. Who knew, all it took was missing one particular class during the first week of school, way back in August to set the tone for the coming months.

I was constantly barraged with that saying every wednesday by a man who I thought was just trying to make an example out of me and embarrass me in front of my peers. Not only did I hear this from him, but from everyone else in that class as well. It really sucked being the "bad" example for everyone. Every time he deliberately looked at me while saying that damn quote, he was basically saying "hey everyone, make sure you don't do what Reza did."

Long story short, I basically stuck it to the man, kicked ass on the most difficult presentation in my college career, and made him say "i was very impressed"

...but that's not where I'm trying to go with this

Back to making a solid first impression...I realized that all this tormenting from that class really lead me on to something greater. How could I really make a kick ass impression among my school's administration, professors, peers, family, and friends...not to mention every single grad school I apply to as well as corporate america as a whole?

Sounds like a tall task...but I think 3 little letters will accomplish that

C-E-O...yea, big things happening

keep on the lookout

No comments: